Spicy Romano Chicken with Artichoke Hearts & Sun-dried Tomatoes
This recipe is one of our new family FAVORITES! The combination of grilled chicken, artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes is amazing.
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/4 cup Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper, or less to taste
- 10 ounce package of bowtie pasta cooked and drained according to package directions – al dente.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 small jar artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (7 to 8-ounce) precooked sliced grilled chicken (we also add equal amounts of sausage to ours…although shrimp, beef, and crab would be great too!)
- 1/8 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ounce heavy cream
Melt butter in saute pan or skillet. Add cream, salt and pepper, heat to a boil. Remove from heat and fold in cheeses and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter, then add mushrooms, and sun-dried tomatoes. Stir for one minute. Next add artichokes and chicken (and cooked sausage or other meat). Stir. Stir in 1 ounce heavy cream and 1/2 of the sauce. Add bowtie pasta followed by rest of the sauce. Stir gently. Serve.
Recipe is easily doubled or tripled. Enjoy!