Easy Salmon Cakes
This is a terrific basic salmon cake recipe. Serve with lemon wedges and tartar sauce. You can also substitute crab and make crab cakes.
- 3 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 scallion, sliced thin
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 (1 1/4 pound) skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Adapted from lcdn.americastestkitchen.com
Combine 3 tablespoons panko, parsley, mayonnaise, lemon juice, scallion, shallot, mustard, salt, pepper, and cayenne in bowl. Working in 3 batches, pulse salmon in food processor until coarsely chopped into 1/4-inch pieces, about 2 pulses, transferring each batch to bowl with panko mixture. Gently mix until uniformly combined.
Place remaining 3/4 cup panko in pie plate. Using 1/3-cup measure, scoop level amount of salmon mixture and transfer to baking sheet; repeat to make 8 cakes. Carefully coat each cake in bread crumbs, gently patting into disk measuring 2 3/4 inches in diameter and 1 inch high. Return coated cakes to baking sheet.
Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Place salmon cakes in skillet and cook without moving until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Carefully flip cakes and cook until second side is golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer cakes to paper towel–lined plate to drain 1 minute. Serve.
Serve the salmon cakes with lemon wedges and/or tartar sauce.
You'll also love
- Colorful Spring Quinoa Bowl 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Cheesy Pigs in Blankets 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Banana Oatmeal Cupcakes 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Bean & Bacon Soup 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Paleo Broccoli Salad 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Lemon-Sage Roast Turkey Breast 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Spicy Cajun Seafood Stew 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Gluten Free Crab Cakes 4.8/5 (12 Votes)