Southern Fried Salmon Patties
By Becky Jo
Salmon patties are quick and easy. I got this recipe from my son's babysitter many years ago. My son is now 20 and we still eat these at least a few times a month. These are very moist when done.
- 1 (14-3/4-ounce) canned salmon
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from food.com
Open salmon and drain thoroughly. Place drained salmon in mixing bowl and flake evenly with a fork.
Add onion, corn meal, flour, mayonnaise, and egg. Stir until well blended.
Shape the mixture into patties about the size of an average burger or less.
Cook in oil in skillet over medium heat until browned on each side. Turn once while frying.
The mayonnaise helps the patties hold their shape and keeps them from being too dry.
You'll also love
- Breakfast Mac & Cheese 4.5/5 (104 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Cashew Creamer 4.6/5 (98 Votes)
- Simple Vegan Pasta Dough Raviolis 4/5 (182 Votes)
- Slow Cooked Ribeye 3.7/5 (462 Votes)
- Chicken Enchilada Soup - Chili's... 4.1/5 (146 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ham & Potato Soup -... 4.2/5 (125 Votes)
- Lazy Man's Lobster Casserole 3.8/5 (166 Votes)
- Crab Cakes 4.5/5 (95 Votes)