Olive Garden Chicken Scampi
This copycat Olive Garden Chicken Scampi recipe is the perfect dish for any night of the week! Creamy and delicious, you'll want to enjoy this with a glass of your favorite wine.
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided use
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 medium sized red onion, sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic, sliced thin
- 1 pound pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasonings
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from copykat.com
Cooked the pasta according to the directions on the package.
Place flour, salt, and pepper into a shallow dish and mix well with a fork. Place milk in a another shallow dish.
First, dredge chicken in flour mixture, then dip into milk, and then dredge again in the flour mixture.
Place breaded chicken on a wrack and allow to rest 10 minutes before cooking. While the chicken is resting, cut peppers, onions, and garlic.
Sauté peppers, onions, and garlic in a large heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season peppers, onions, and garlic with a light sprinkling of salt. Sauté until peppers begin to brown. Remove from skillet.
Place remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in hot skillet. Place chicken in skillet and cook for 5 to 7 minutes on each side, until the chicken has browned on both sides. Remove chicken from pan.
Deglaze the pan by adding white wine to the pan and add Italian seasoning blend. Scrape the bottom with a spoon scrapping the browned bits off the bottom of the pan.
Add heavy cream and mix well. Return cooked vegetables to the pan and stir. Add cooked pasta to the skillet.
Plate the pasta and sauce, placing a few pieces of cooked chicken with each plate.
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Pineapple Chicken with... 3.9/5 (206 Votes)
- Weight Watchers Parmesan Chicken... 4.4/5 (107 Votes)
- Best Chicken Tawouk - Chicken... 4.5/5 (89 Votes)
- Outback Steakhouse - Alice Springs... 4.4/5 (96 Votes)
- Fettuccine Alfredo with Grilled... 4.2/5 (111 Votes)
- Caribbean Jerk Chicken Tenders 4.2/5 (119 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Chicken Tenderloin 4.1/5 (125 Votes)
- Cap'n Crunch Chicken Strips 4.2/5 (81 Votes)
Review this recipe