Cap'n Crunch Chicken Strips
Tasty chicken tenders breaded in crushed Cap'n Crunch cereal. How can it not be good! Try this recipe to get picky kids to eat—they'll love the sweet and savory flavors.
- 2 cups Cap'n Crunch cereal, crushed
- 1 cup corn flakes, crushed
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds chicken tenders
- Vegetable oil for frying
Adapted from navywifecook.com
Coarsely grind or crush the two cereals and set in a shallow dish.
In a second shallow dish, beat the egg with milk.
Stir together the flour, onion and garlic powders and black pepper; set aside. Dip the chicken pieces in the seasoned flour and coat well; shake off the excess flour.
Dip in the egg wash, coating well, then dip in the cereal mixture, coating well.
Heat oil in a large heavy skillet. Drop coated chicken tenders carefully in the hot oil and cook until golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes per side.
Remove tenders to a paper towel lined plate to drain excess oil. Serve hot.
You'll also love
- Carl's Jr. Ranch Crispy Chicken... 4.6/5 (52 Votes)
- Chicken and Corn Chowder 4.5/5 (55 Votes)
- Honey Balsamic Chicken Strips 4.5/5 (54 Votes)
- Doritos Crusted Chicken Strips 4.7/5 (40 Votes)
- Down Home Fried Chicken 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Flat Belly - Chicken Piccata 4.5/5 (50 Votes)
- Parmesan Chicken Tenders with... 5/5 (7 Votes)
- Olive Garden Chicken Scampi 4/5 (127 Votes)