Cherry Tomato Firecrackers
- 32 cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha chili sauce
- 1/4 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled and seeded
- 32 (1/2-inch long) thin strips red bell pepper or chile pepper (for spicier appetizers use red jalapeño or habanero chiles)
- Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly
Cut a small slice off the top of each cherry tomato and hollow out the center of each, discarding the seeds and juice. If the tomatoes will not stand up, cut a very small slice off the bottom so that they have a flat bottom.
Squirt a couple of drops of Sriracha into each tomato.
Fill each tomato about half way with cream cheese. Depending on the size of the tomatoes, you may have extra cream cheese.
Cut the avocado into little cubes sized to fit in the tomatoes. You may have extra avocado. Place the avocado cubes on top of the cream cheese in each tomato, pushing down gently.
Add a generous drop of Sriracha on top of each tomato and insert a pepper strip to look like the cherry bomb fuse. Serve.
Tip: Use a baby food spoon or other very small spoon to hollow out and fill the tomatoes
You'll also love
- Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Wings 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Cinnamon Bun Popcorn 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Pistachio Cranberry Cookies 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Bourbon Peaches and Cream Popsicles 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Sun Dried Tomato Spread 4.2/5 (27 Votes)
- Tomato Bacon & Spinach Quiche 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Summer cherry pie (with canned... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
Review this recipe