Shrimp Pasta with Creamy Chipotle Sauce
Try this delicious Shrimp Pasta with Creamy Chipotle Sauce that has just a hint of spiciness in the sauce. Serve with some fresh steamed veggies and good crusty bread.
- 8 ounces dried pasta, linguine, fettuccine, etc.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 small bell pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 to 5 small fresh plum tomatoes or 10 cherry tomatoes, stem ends and seeds removed and sliced
- 2 to 3 canned chipotle peppers
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1 pound peeled large shrimp
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half, light cream, or evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Boil the pasta in a large sauce pan until al dente, according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or large frying pan on medium heat and, stirring occasionally, sauté the onions for 2 minutes or until wilted. Stir in the garlic, bell peppers, tomatoes, and cumin. Sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and stir in the chipotles, shrimps, lemon juice, and half-and-half (or cream or evaporated milk). Simmer until the shrimps are just cooked through, approximately 3 to 5 minutes, depending on the size of shrimps used. Stir in the cilantro. Taste and correct the seasoning by adding salt, pepper, and, if needed, additional chipotle to suit your taste.
Return the pasta to the sauce pan in which it was cooked, sprinkle with the grated cheese (if used), and pour the shrimp sauce over it. Toss until well blended and transfer to a serving dish.
Serves 4 as a main course.
You'll also love
- Grilled Chicken Leg Quarters with... 4.3/5 (38 Votes)
- Parmesan Garlic Broccoli Fritters 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Butter Rum Pound Cake 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Pumpkin Gingersnap Truffles 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Budin de Pan, Traditional Puerto... 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Shrimp Spring Rolls 3.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Teriyaki Shrimp Stir Fry 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Beef Ravioli with Bacon Butter... 4.2/5 (13 Votes)