Banana Crunch Bread
The BEST homemade banana bread with a crunchy, crumb topping. Great for breakfast with a cup of freshly brewed coffee!
- CRUMB TOPPING:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 extra-large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened, 1 stick
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 medium bananas, mashed, 1 cup
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, optional (I used 1/4 tsp)
- 1/2 cup confectioners powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Dash of salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, 1/2 stick
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 80mins
Spray or grease the bottom of a standard loaf pan (mine was 1 1/2 qts. capacity). Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large mixing bowl and using a mixer, beat together the sugar, egg, and vanilla until well combined. Beat in the butter until smooth; beat in the buttermilk and mashed bananas.
In another bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon, if using. Using a rubber spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the banana mixture just until incorporated. Do not overmix. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the crumb topping ingredients together using a large fork or the bottom of a wire whisk until mixture resembles peas. Sprinkle the crumbles over the top of the batter.
Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until center tests done with a toothpick.
Cool in pan for about 15 minutes on a wire rack then run a thin knife around the edges to loosen and remove to the rack to cool completely.
Sift confectioners sugar over the top then cut into slices.
You'll also love
- The Best Potato Soup Recipe Ever 4.4/5 (161 Votes)
- Roasted Asparagus and Fresh Herb... 4.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Pineapple Mango Rum Cocktail 4.4/5 (156 Votes)
- Philadelphia 3-Step Cheesecake 3.8/5 (619 Votes)
- Southern Peach Cobbler 4.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Janet's Orange Zucchini Bread 3.9/5 (261 Votes)
- Cowboy Cornbread 3.8/5 (293 Votes)
- Peach Cupcakes with Peach Cream... 4.3/5 (169 Votes)
Review this recipe