Spicy Garlic Lime Pasta
- 1 tbsp butter
- Few drizzles of olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1 small onion, diced fine
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite size pieces)
- 8 oz pasta (I used shells)
- 1-2 cups broccoli florets
- Optional - Parmesan cheese for topping
Adapted from elizabethscooking.blogspot.com
Bring pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. During the last 5 minutes of pasta cook time add the broccoli into the boiling water. Drain. (I did this in two separate pots, as I do not like the taste the broccoli gives the pasta).
Mix together all the sauce ingredients (butter through parsley) in a medium sized pan. Heat over medium-low heat. Add onion and simmer.
Meanwhile, cook chicken until no longer pink inside (I did this on the George Foreman grill, but you could do it in a pan on the stove, too). Add too sauce and continue to simmer.
Toss cooked broccoli and pasta with the chicken and sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired and serve.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (687 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Tuscan Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (438 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman's Garlic Cheese Bread 4.6/5 (318 Votes)