Quick Grilled Pork Ribs
Quick is relative, but 2 1/2 hours sure beats 6. You can have delicious, tender ribs with a crazy good sauce fast with this recipe.
- 2 racks St. Louis-style pork spareribs about 7 pounds
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons hot chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 strips bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup white onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Adapted from cuisinerecipes.com
Preheat oven to 250°F. Line a baking sheet tightly with foil.
For the ribs, trim the ribs by removing excess fat and pulling off the sinewy membrane using a paper towel; "dock" the meat between the bones. Place ribs on prepared baking sheet.
Combine salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, and thyme. Apply rub to ribs; cover with foil.
Roast ribs, covered, until meat pulls away from the bones, 2–3 hours.
For the sauce, cook bacon in a saucepan until crisp; transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Add onion to same pan and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
Deglaze pan with bourbon and cook until reduced by half. Add ketchup, tomato paste, sugar, vinegar, Dijon, and Worcestershire; simmer until thickened, about 20 minutes. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
Preheat grill to medium-high. Brush grill grate with oil. Brush barbecue sauce on both sides of roasted ribs.
Grill ribs 15 minutes total, turning over and slathering with sauce at least twice so that the ribs become well-glazed and nicely charred. Remove ribs from grill and tent with foil 5 minutes. To cut, hold racks upright on a cutting board and slice between ribs; serve with remaining sauce.
You'll also love
- Orange Shrimp Salad 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Roasted Carrot Salad with Cumin... 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Beef: Shephards Pie (Paleo) 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Pork Shoulder Roast 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Memphis-Style Hickory-Smoked Beef... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Slow Cooked BBQ Pork Ribs 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Chipotle Orange Pork Ribs 4.6/5 (9 Votes)