Memphis-Style Hickory-Smoked Beef and Pork Ribs (The Neelys)
- Neely's Dry Rub:
- 1 1/2 cups paprika
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 3/4 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 (about 4 pounds each) slabs beef spareribs
- 2 (about 3 pounds each) slabs pork spareribs
- 2 cups Neely's BBQ Dry Rub
- Neely's BBQ Sauce
- Neely's BBQ Sauce:
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground mustard
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Prep 10 min Inactive Prep 8 hr 0 min Cook 6 hr 15 min Total:14 hr 25 min
For dry ribs: Sprinkle extra Neely's BBQ seasoning over ribs, cut bones and serve.
For wet ribs: Coat ribs with Neely's BBQ sauce, cut and serve.
For the rub:
Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir until combined. Keep in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
For the ribs:
Rinse and dry ribs. Place on a clean cutting board and pull off the membrane, the thin fatty skin that lines the underside of the ribs. Trim the ribs of excess fat and meat. Liberally season both sides of the ribs with 1/4 to 1/2 cup Neely's BBQ Rub. Wrap ribs and refrigerate for at least 8 hours so flavors can permeate.
Preheat grill to 250 degrees F using hickory and charcoal.
Use indirect heat and cook with the cover down.
Place ribs, meatier side down, on the grill away from the coals. Cook beef 2 hours, adding more coals as needed. Turn and cook for 45 minutes more, or until the ribs "bend" and the meat easily separates from the bone using a fork. Cook the pork ribs 3 hours. Turn and cook another hour, or until ribs bend. Remove from grill.
You'll also love
- Rustic Italian Tortellini Soup... 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Banana Brunch Punch 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Ground Beef Wellington 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Beef Pot Roast 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- BACON CHEESEBURGER BOMBS 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Slow Cooked BBQ Pork Ribs 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Country Pork Ribs with Apples and... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Chipotle Orange Pork Ribs 4.6/5 (9 Votes)