While grilling a turkey already gives it amazing flavors, adding onion and red wine gives it an amazing boost in flavor. Give this Grilled Turkey recipe a try this Thanksgiving!
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 bottle red wine
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 (12-pound) whole turkey
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 105mins
In a pot style grill, fill the bottom with a 5 pound bag of charcoals. Light the charcoal, and when ready, spread to cover the bottom of grill.
Wash the turkey down and stuff with onion. Rub the exterior down with salt and pepper.
Place the turkey in a deep aluminum roasting pan. Place the pan on the grill's grate. Pour wine over the turkey. Cover the top of the turkey with foil.
Cover the grill with the lid and open the vents. Grill the turkey for 60 to 90 minutes, or until meat is to your liking. Baste frequently. You might need to add water to the pan if the wine evaporates.
You'll also love
- Grilled Turkey Breast with... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Michael Symon's Turkey Cutlets... 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Vegan Antipasto Salad 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Apricot Glazed Corned Beef 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Kosher Jambalaya 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Candy Corn Truffles 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Pumpkin Raisin Cake Recipe 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Bread with... 4/5 (20 Votes)