Strawberry-Rhubarb Compote With Ginger And Lime
- 2 pounds strawberries halved if large
- 1 pound rhubarb cut 3/4" pieces
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons minced crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
Place 1 1/2 pounds strawberries and rhubarb in medium pot. Mix in sugar, ginger, lime juice, and peel. Cook over high heat until sugar dissolves, stirring often. Boil 4 minutes, stirring often.
Reduce heat to medium; simmer just until rhubarb is beginning to fall apart, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining strawberries. Cool. Chill until cold, at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
This recipe yields about 5 cups.
Any remaining compote would be great for breakfast or dessert with a spoonful of yogurt or crème fraîche.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Icebox Pie With Almond... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Lemon And Paprika Aioli 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sliced Radishes And Watercress On... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp With Lemon, Tarragon, Green... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mango And Lime Chiffon Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Ham With Mustard-Red Currant... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vanilla-Bean Cheesecake, Guava... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin With... 0/5 (0 Votes)