Cajun Honey Mustard Chicken (Grill or Stovetop)
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts (pounded thin if using breasts)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Cajun Honey Mustard Marinade
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Creamy Cajun Honey Mustard Sauce
- Reserved unused marinade
- 2 tablespoons loosely packed cilantro
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Suggested Garnish
- chopped mangoes
Adapted from carlsbadcravings.com
1.In a small bowl, whisk Cajun Honey Mustard Marinade ingredients together. Add 1/2 cup of marinade and 1/4 cup olive oil to large freezer bag along with chicken. Marinate 1 hour up to overnight (the longer the better). Refrigerate unused marinade separately to use in Sauce.
3.If chicken has been refrigerated, let sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes (time permitting).
4.Meanwhile prepare Creamy Cajun Honey Mustard Sauce (directions below).
5.Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Once very hot, remove chicken from marinade and pat dry. Add chicken and cook, undisturbed for 3-5 minutes, or until nicely browned (or blackened if you prefer) on one side. Turn chicken over, cover, and reduce heat to medium. Cook for approximately 5-7 more minutes (depending on thickness of chicken), or until chicken is cooked through.
6.Remove to a cutting board and brush with Creamy Honey Mustard Sauce or top plated chicken with sauce. Let chicken rest 5 minutes before slicing. For a spicier chicken, sprinkle with cayenne pepper, for sweeter, sprinkle with brown sugar.
8.If chicken has been refrigerated, let sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes (time permitting).
9.Meanwhile prepare Creamy Cajun Honey Mustard Sauce (directions below).
10.Meanwhile, grease and preheat the grill to medium heat, 375-450°F. Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry.
11.Grill chicken undisturbed for 5-7 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through. (An inserted thermometer should read 165 degrees F.)
12.Remove chicken from grill and brush with Creamy Honey Mustard Sauce or top plated chicken with sauce. Let chicken rest 5 minutes before slicing. For a spicier chicken, sprinkle with cayenne pepper, for sweeter, sprinkle with brown sugar.
13.Creamy Cajun Honey Mustard Sauce: Add all of the Creamy Cajun Honey Mustard Sauce ingredients to your blender and process until smooth. Set aside.
*Total time does not include marinating chicken as this time will vary per individual.
You'll also love
- 5-Ingredient Beef Stew 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Thai Mango Chicken 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken & Noodle Delight 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken with Spicy Rice 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Spinach and Mushroom Smothered... 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Chicken 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Grilled Ginger-Sesame Chicken Salad 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Beer Can Chicken with Honey, Lime... 4.5/5 (30 Votes)