Baked Chicken with Fresh Tomatoes and Basil
- For the Tomato and Basil Topping:
- 10 – 12 chicken thighs – with skin and bone
- 1 cup of fresh basil – chopped
- 1 bulb of fresh garlic - chopped
- 2 large plum tomatoes – diced (not too small)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
Preheat Oven 350 degrees:
Clean and pat dry the chicken thighs.
Combine in a bowl all of the ingredients for the tomato and basil topping and set aside.
Combine in a small bowl the rub and set aside.
Place the chicken in a baking pan and rub the rub on each thigh.
Top with the tomato and basil topping and place in the oven.
Bake 50-55 minutes or until juices run clear.
You'll also love
- Lemon Bundt Cake 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Potato Soup 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- One Pan Balsamic Chicken and... 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Vinegar Braised Chicken & Mushrooms 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Lemon Ginger Chicken Thighs 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken and Broccoli... 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Avocado Tomato Salad 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Ranch (or Caesar) Chicken & Rice 4.4/5 (23 Votes)