Copycat Panera Bread Double Orange Scones
Love Panera Bread orange scones? Well this is your chance to learn how to make them yourself at home and have them anytime you want! These scones are delicious...Yum!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped mandarin oranges, well drained
- Additional sugar
- ORANGE BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, orange peel and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
In a bowl, whisk milk and egg. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in oranges.
Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Pat into a 6-in. circle. Sprinkle with additional sugar.
Cut into eight wedges.
Separate wedges and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
In a small mixing bowl, beat butter and marmalade until fluffy. Serve with warm scones.
You'll also love
- Ranch Sausage Stars 4.3/5 (65 Votes)
- Homemade Strawberry Cake 4.4/5 (54 Votes)
- Banana Bread Brownies 4.1/5 (85 Votes)
- Soft Gingerbread Cookies 4.6/5 (34 Votes)
- Paleo Egg Quiche Muffins 4.4/5 (49 Votes)
- Orange Dreamsicle Fudge 4.2/5 (80 Votes)
- Raspberry Lemon Coconut Cake 3.9/5 (97 Votes)
- Orange Tapioca Pudding Salad 4.1/5 (8 Votes)