Southern Macaroni & Tomatoes
This was the ideal meal in the 60's! It's delicious, cheap to make, and makes enough to feed a hungry family. Don't forget a big pone of cornbread to go with it!
- 1 (8-ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can Hunt's petite-diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can Hunt's whole tomatoes, undrained (broken up slightly with a spoon, if desired)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Dash creole seasoning (like Tony Chachere's), optional
- Dash garlic salt, optional
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
In a 3-quart saucepan, cook the macaroni in boiling salted water until al dente tender.
Drain well in a colander. Return macaroni to the pot along with the remaining ingredients.
Simmer over medium heat until bubbly, 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let stand a few minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Cookies n Cream Cake Pops 4.6/5 (39 Votes)
- Orange Rosemary Pork Tenderloin 4.7/5 (26 Votes)
- Jumbo Shrimp Grand Mariner 4.1/5 (82 Votes)
- Chicken Cordon Bleu with Alfredo 4.4/5 (48 Votes)
- APPLE CIDER PINEAPPLE MOLASSES... 4.4/5 (48 Votes)
- Potatoes Stroganoff 4.4/5 (55 Votes)
- Basil Tortellini Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Paleo TOMATO PIE WITH ALMOND FLOUR... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)