Southern Macaroni & Tomatoes
This was the ideal meal in the 60's! It's delicious, cheap to make, and makes enough to feed a hungry family. Don't forget a big pone of cornbread to go with it!
- 1 (8-ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can Hunt's petite-diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can Hunt's whole tomatoes, undrained (broken up slightly with a spoon, if desired)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Dash creole seasoning (like Tony Chachere's), optional
- Dash garlic salt, optional
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
In a 3-quart saucepan, cook the macaroni in boiling salted water until al dente tender.
Drain well in a colander. Return macaroni to the pot along with the remaining ingredients.
Simmer over medium heat until bubbly, 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let stand a few minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Orange Rosemary Pork Tenderloin 4.7/5 (26 Votes)
- Greek Mushroom Dish 4.7/5 (26 Votes)
- Chicken Cordon Bleu with Alfredo 4.4/5 (50 Votes)
- Broccoli Cheddar Bites 4.4/5 (48 Votes)
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut... 4.1/5 (77 Votes)
- Tautog Baked in Herbed Butter 3.7/5 (118 Votes)
- No-Knead Sweet Potato Dinner Rolls 4.3/5 (56 Votes)
- Dessert Heaven (Cookie Dough,... 3.8/5 (300 Votes)