Watermelon Ancho Chile Salsa
Sweet and spicy, this watermelon ancho chili salsa is perfect with grilled chicken, pork or seafood -- or just serve with tortilla chips!
- 2 ancho chiles, seeds removed
- 1/4 small seedless watermelon, cut into 1-inch pieces, about 2 1/2 cups
- 1/2 large beefsteak tomato, chopped
- 1/4 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño, with seeds, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Bring chiles and 2 cups water to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat, cover, and let sit until chiles soften, 25–30 minutes.
Transfer chiles to a blender with a slotted spoon; discard liquid. Add watermelon, tomato, onion, jalapeño, garlic, and lime juice and blend until smooth; season with salt. Cover and chill.
Do Ahead: Salsa can be made 8 hours ahead. Keep chilled.
You'll also love
- Campfire Trout (Dinner Cooked in... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Summer Salad with Lemon Thyme... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Taco Salad - Crockpot 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Jamie Oliver's Smoked Beets 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Spiced Peach Mason Jar Lid Pie 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Salmon Ceviche with Tomatoes and... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Granola 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Hummus 5/5 (1 Votes)