HG's Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
1/12th of recipe (1 cupcake): 138 calories, 3g fat, 230mg sodium, 26.5g carbs, <0.5g fiber, 16.5g sugars, 1.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 4*
- 1/3 cup vanilla frosting
- 1/4 cup low-sugar strawberry preserves
- 1 3/4 cups moist-style yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed and drained
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups, or spray it with nonstick spray.
In a medium bowl, mix frosting with 2 tbsp. preserves until uniform. Cover and refrigerate.
In a large bowl, combine cake mix, egg substitute, lemon zest, baking powder, and vanilla extract. Add lemon juice and 1/4 cup water, and whisk until smooth and uniform.
Evenly distribute batter among the cups of the muffin pan.
Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 12 - 14 minutes.
Let cool completely, about 10 minutes in the pan and 15 minutes out of the pan.
Use a knife or narrow spoon handle to create a centered hole through the top of each cupcake about 1/2-inch wide, stopping about 3/4ths of the way through.
Place thawed and drained strawberries in a small blender or food processor. Add remaining 2 tbsp. preserves, and puree until smooth.
Transfer strawberry mixture to one of the bottom corners of a sealable plastic bag. Remove air and seal. Snip off a small part of that corner with scissors. Gently squeeze the bag, and evenly pipe mixture through the hole in the bag's corner and into the holes in the cupcakes.
Evenly spread frosting mixture over the cupcakes.
You'll also love
- Blackberry Cobbler Drizzled with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mardi Gras Pasta with Shrimp and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- SAM HAZEN'S HARVEST WILD MUSHROOM... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Ginger Turkey Meatloaf 0/5 (0 Votes)
- OVEN BAKED BARRAMUNDI FILLETS WITH... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cooking Light Blueberry Pound Cake 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Strawberry Spinach Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)