Pork with Persimmons and Mustard Greens
- 2 lbs pork loin, tied
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb persimmons, tops trimmed, cut into 1 1/2 inch wedges
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch (14 oz) mustard greens, large stems removed
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Season pork with 1 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Place pork in a 12 inch cast iron or other heavy oven proof skillet.
2. Toss persimmons and garlic with oil; season with salt and pepper. Scatter around pork. Roast 15 minutes. Turn over persimmons, and continue to roast until pork reaches an internal Temperature of 125 degrees, 20-25 minutes. Transfer pork to a cutting board, tent with foil, and let rest 15 min. ( pork will continue to cook as it cools). Meanwhile, if persimmons are still firm, roast until fork tender.
3. Transfer persimmons to a serving platter. Add mustard greens to pan. Season with salt and saute over medium heat until tender, about 2 minutes. Transfer greens to platter. add wine to pan and cook until reduced by 2/3. Thinly slice pork, and arrange on top of the persimmons and greens. Spoon sauce over top, and serve.