Persimmon-Goat Cheese Wedges
Yum! Wedges of sweet persimmon are layered with goat cheese and a light drizzling of balsamic vinegar. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup salted roasted almonds, very finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, softened
- 4 Fuyu persimmons, sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- Aged balsamic vinegar, for serving
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from foodandwine.com
In a small bowl, mix 3 tablespoons of the almonds and the parsley with the goat cheese. Divide the mixture into 6 equal pieces and roll each into a ball. Using a 2-inch round biscuit cutter, stamp out 12 rounds from the persimmon slices.
Sandwich each goat cheese ball between 2 persimmon slices, pressing to flatten slightly. Roll the edges in the remaining almonds and refrigerate until firm, at least 10 minutes or overnight. Cut each round into quarters and transfer to a plate. Drizzle lightly with balsamic vinegar and serve.