Chicken, Broccoli & Cheese Skillet Meal
Chicken, broccoli and pasta cooked in a single skillet make for an easy family meal. Shredded cheese rewards you for eating your vegetables.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts (1 1/2 pounds) cut in 1" cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups or more fresh or frozen broccoli, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups small shell pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Adapted from foodhero.org
Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat (350°F in an electric skillet). Add chicken and cook until no longer pink, about 2-3 minutes.
Add broccoli, broth, soup, salt, pepper, garlic, and pasta. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to lowest setting, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until pasta is tender. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking. Add more liquid if needed.
Add cheese during last two minutes of cooking.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
You'll also love
- John Legend's Macaroni and Cheese 4.6/5 (35 Votes)
- Broccoli Cheese Balls 4.6/5 (35 Votes)
- "Ono" Chicken Long Rice * WW 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala 4.4/5 (50 Votes)
- Gnocchi Creamy Chicken Soup 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash and Broccoli 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Baked Ziti 4.3/5 (54 Votes)