Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala
Entertaining tonight? Here's a no-fuss Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala main dish that looks really elegant but is actually easy. Enjoy!
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 jars (6 ounces each) Green Giant® sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup sweet Marsala wine or Progresso® chicken broth (from 32 ounce carton)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Cooking time 325mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
Spray 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, place garlic and oil. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; place in cooker over garlic. Place mushrooms over chicken; pour wine over all.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 5 to 6 hours.
Remove chicken from cooker; place on plate and cover to keep warm. In small bowl, mix water and cornstarch until smooth; stir into liquid in cooker. Increase heat setting to High; cover and cook about 10 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
Return chicken to cooker. Cover; cook on High heat setting 5 minutes longer or until chicken is hot.
To serve, spoon mushroom mixture over chicken breasts; sprinkle with parsley.
Make sure to use sweet Marsala wine. Dry Marsala makes this dish taste too acidic.