Gnocchi Creamy Chicken Soup
Need to warm up? Cozy up with a warm bowl of this deliciously rich and creamy Gnocchi Chicken Soup. Super easy and ready in less than an hour. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups half and half
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or cubed
- 1 pound gnocchi, prepared according to package directions
- 2 to 3 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
In a Dutch oven, heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat.
Add onions, celery, carrots, garlic and thyme; cook until softened 5 to 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Stir in the flour and cook for a couple of minutes. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Slowly whisk in the half and half.
Stir in the chicken; bring to a simmer and cook 20 minutes.
Add in the prepared gnocchi and spinach. Cook until the spinach has wilted.
You'll also love
- Cheesy Bacon Chicken & Shells Bake 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Country Captain Chicken 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Loaded Potato Soup 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Chicken and Spinach Cannelloni... 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup 4.4/5 (47 Votes)
- Thai-Style Chicken Soup 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Gnocchi Breakfast Scramble 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Crispy Potato Gnocchi with... 4.5/5 (18 Votes)