Sweet corn and basil cake let with peach
Biltmore contest winner . Cupcake like. Needs some special ingredients.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup fine ground yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar, plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon grated Meyer lemon zest or grated regular lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 large peaches, pitted, chopped
- 1 ⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Basil sprigs for garnish, if desired
Preparation time 45mins
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 6 cup jumbo muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add sour cream, eggs, lemon zest, and basil; beat until just combined. Add half of the flour mixture; beat on low until combined. Add remaining half of flour mixture; beat on low until just combined. Spoon, distributing evenly, into 6 cup jumbo muffin pan. Bake 25–30 minutes, or until knife inserted comes out clean.
Meanwhile, make the peach compote. In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, combine peaches, water, 1⁄3 cup sugar, and ginger. Simmer 5–7 minutes, or until peaches are tender and juices have thickened slightly. Remove from heat.
In a medium bowl, stir together mascarpone and honey until combined.
When ready to serve, slice a small portion off the top of each cake to make a flat top. Place each cakelet on a plate, cut side down. Top each cakelet with a generous amount of peach syrup (from compote), allowing to soak in and drizzle down sides. Top each with peaches (from compote) and serve with mascarpone. If desired, garnish with basil.
You'll also love
- Apple Dumplings - Trisha Yearwood 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Bite Sized Apple Pies * 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- PEACH PLATZ 3.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Black Walnut Pumpkin Bread 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Paleo Peach Pie 3.7/5 (41 Votes)
- Chili and Cornbread Waffles 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
Review this recipe