Peanut Butter & Jelly Popcorn Balls
- 4 + cups of air popped popcorn (approx 2 Tablespoons unpopped kernels)
- 1/2 cup all natural, no sugar added peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice Syrup (would work the best), Agave Nectar, or pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch or two of sea salt
- All fruit, no sugar added jelly (amount will vary depending on how much you want to coat the balls)
Air pop the popcorn, pour into a large bowl and set aside to cool off completely. Make sure to remove any unpopped kernels so you don’t break a tooth!
In a medium sauce pan mix together the peanut butter, sweetener, vanilla and salt over medium heat. Heat until well blended then cool for about 2 minutes.
Pour the peanut butter mixture over the popcorn and stir well to completely coat the popcorn. Once the popcorn is not hot to the touch but still nicely warm and gooey form into the balls. Make sure to squeeze the balls well to ensure they stay together.
Make all the balls and set aside on a cookie sheet or large plate. You can spray your hands with cooking spray to help keep the balls from transferring all the peanut butter to your hands or just wet with water between each ball.
Once you have made all the balls scoop approximately 1/4 teaspoon of jelly and put it into the palm of your had. Roll one ball in the jelly to coat it and have the jelly get into the popcorn grooves. Set the ball back on the tray and continue doing that until you have coated all the popcorn balls.
If the balls are a little too sticky place them into the fridge for about 15 minutes and they should set up well. If they are staying together well then start eating and ENJOY!
You'll also love
- Apple Dumplings - Trisha Yearwood 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Faux Gras Pâté 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Campfire Beans 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Black Walnut Pumpkin Bread 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Bratwurst Potato Skillet 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Indonesian Corn Fritter 3.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Honey Peanut Butter Popcorn Balls 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Popcorn Balls 1.5/5 (2 Votes)