Quick Pickle - Cucumbers and Onions
This is a recipe my Mom would make all summer long. It's a no hassle way to stay ahead of your cucumber plant. You aren't actually canning just marinating in vingar so you can add other veggies, herbs, and even leave out the agave or salt if it matches your diet better!
- 1 cup sliced cucumber (About 1/2 English cucmber or 2 small regular cukes)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion (you can minced them if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons agave nectar, to taste
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from healthyslowcooking.com
Layer your veggies in a small pyrex dish or in a mason jar. Mix the rest of te ingredients together in a measuring cup. Taste and adjust agave and salt to your taste.
You can also add in fresh dill, thyme, or other veggies.
Let sit overnight if possible and enjoy as a side or on a salad.
You'll also love
- Company Potatoes***** 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Club Crackers 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Frozen Cherry Margarita 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped Potatoes With Creamy... 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Tomato, Cucumber, Avocado Salad 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon & Cucumber 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Cheese Croutons for onion soup 4.4/5 (42 Votes)