We first had these after My Grandma Brown's funeral...and yes they are often called "funeral potatoes".
- 6 potatoes
- 4 Tb butter
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 Tb chopped green onion or chives
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 Tb butter for dotting and Paprika for sprinkling on top before baking.
-Cook unpeeled potatoes.
-Peel and grate potatoes.( I use a food processor)
-In a microwave safe bowl, mix 4Tb butter and cheddar.
- Heat for 2 minutes or until butter has melted.
-Add sour cream, onion and S&P, stir well.
- Mix sauce and potatoes together in large bowl.
-Put potato mixture into greased casserole dish.
- Dot with remaining butter and sprinkle with paprika .
-Bake at 350* for 35 minutes.