Lemon Curd And Blueberry Trifle
- LEMON CURD:
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter - (1 1/2 sticks) cut 1/2" cubes
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs beaten to blend
- LEMON SYRUP:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel - (packed)
- 1 package cream cheese - (8 oz) room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 cups chilled heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 containers fresh blueberries - (1/2 pint ea)
- 1 purchased pound cake - (12 oz) cut 1" cubes
For Lemon Curd: Combine first 5 ingredients in heavy medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Gradually whisk in eggs. Whisk constantly over medium-low heat until curd thickens, about 2 minutes (do not boil). Strain curd through sieve into bowl. Press plastic wrap directly onto surface of curd; chill overnight.
For Lemon Syrup: Combine all ingredients in small saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Cool.
For Filling: Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup whipping cream, and vanilla in large bowl until smooth. Beat 2 cups whipping cream and 1/4 cup sugar in another large bowl until peaks form. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture in 2 additions.
Puree 1 container blueberries and 1/4 cup lemon syrup in processor. Transfer to medium bowl. Add 1 1/2 containers blueberries and mash with potato masher until chunky puree forms. Reserve remaining blueberries for garnish.
Arrange 1/3 of pound cake cubes (about 2 generous cups) in bottom of 14-cup glass trifle dish. Drizzle with 7 tablespoons lemon syrup. Spoon 1/3 of cream cheese filling (about 2 cups) over cake in dollops; spread to sides of dish. Spoon half of blueberry puree over; spread to sides of dish. Spoon half of lemon curd (about 1 1/4 cups) over blueberry puree in dollops, then spread to sides of dish. Repeat layering with 1/3 of cake cubes, 7 tablespoons lemon syrup, 1/3 of cream cheese filling, and remaining blueberry puree, then remaining cake cubes, 7 tablespoons lemon syrup, and remaining lemon curd. Spread remaining cream cheese filling over. Sprinkle with reserved blueberries. Cover and chill overnight. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Keep refrigerated.) Spoon trifle into dessert dishes.
This recipe yields 10 to 12 servings.
You'll also love
- Late-Summer Cherry Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lamb And Shiitake Stew With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Irish Soda Bread With Raisins And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Individual Cheesecakes With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Honey-Brandy Oranges 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Lemon-Parsley Veal Chops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fresh Strawberry Sorbet 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Rice With Lemon, Herbs, And... 0/5 (0 Votes)