Lemon Glazed Lemon Pound Cake
Lemon lovers rejoice! This double lemon dessert will definitely be a crowd pleaser at your next party or get together.
- POUND CAKE:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 115mins
Beat butter in a large bowl at medium speed of an electric hand-held mixer; gradually add oil, beating until well blended. Gradually add sugar, beating well.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour.
Mix just until blended after each addition. Stir in lemon extract. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
Bake at 300°F for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of the cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and place directly on wire rack.
Combine glaze ingredients, stirring until sugar dissolves. Brush lemon glaze on sides of cake and spoon glaze over top, a little at a time. Let lemon pound cake cool completely.
You'll also love
- No Bake Cream Cheese & Coconut... 4/5 (178 Votes)
- Brickle Drop Cookies 4.3/5 (127 Votes)
- Chicken-Alfredo Baked Penne 4.6/5 (107 Votes)
- Banana Roll with Cheesecake Filling 4/5 (168 Votes)
- Double Wicked Fudge Cake 4.3/5 (131 Votes)
- Chicken Crescent Roll Casserole 4.3/5 (142 Votes)
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp over... 4.5/5 (103 Votes)
- Garlic Lemon Chicken with Green... 4.2/5 (150 Votes)