Asian-Style Corn, Avocado, And Sesame Salsa
- 2 ears fresh corn husked
- 3 teaspoons oriental sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 large green onions chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon hot chili paste see * Note (such as sambal oelek)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 avocado halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
* Note: Available in the Asian foods section of some supermarkets.
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Brush corn all over with 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil. Grill until corn is tender and brown in spots, turning frequently, about 10 minutes. Cool.
Cut corn kernels off cobs. Mix vinegar, green onions, sesame seeds, chili paste, garlic, and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in medium bowl. Add corn and avocado; toss gently to combine. Season salsa to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
This recipe yields about 2 1/2 cups.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Bacon & Corn Chowder 4.5/5 (293 Votes)
- Corn Nuggets 3.9/5 (413 Votes)
- Cannellini With Tomato-Sage Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sugar-Seared Salmon With Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apricot Bread Pudding With Caramel... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dried Cranberry Compote 0/5 (0 Votes)