Acorn Squash with Orange-Cranberry Sauce
The combo of sweet, savory, tart and citrus flavors are amazing. Take this to a potluck and everyone will be asking for the recipe!
Servings Per Recipe 4, cal. (kcal) 328, carb. (g) 83, dietary fiber (g) 5, protein (g) 2, sodium (mg) 220, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
- 2 medium acorn squash (about 2-pounds)
- 1 (16-ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Ground black pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 375mins
Cut each squash in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds. Cut squash into 1-inch-thick wedges. Arrange squash in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker.
In a small saucepan, combine cranberry sauce, marmalade, raisins, and cinnamon; heat and stir until smooth. Pour over squash pieces in cooker.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
You'll also love
- Cellophane noodles with ground pork 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Pineapple Cobbler 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Frosting: Lemonade Buttercream 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Cherry & Apricot Crostata with... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Thanksgiving Potatoes 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Smothered Cube Steak... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Baked Penne with Sausage,... 4.2/5 (43 Votes)
- Best Lemonade Ever 4.5/5 (16 Votes)