Pomegranate Israeli Couscous
An easy and quick side dish of chewy couscous and juicy pomegranate.
- 1 cup uncooked Israeli couscous (also labeled as pearl couscous)
- 1 cup pure pomegranate juice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sliced toasted almonds
- 1 cup pomegranate arils (seeds) (hold 1/2 of a pomegranate cut side down over a large bowl and firmly hit the skin side with a spoon until the seeds fall out into the bowl)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Kosher salt and black pepper
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Combine couscous, pomegranate juice and water in a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until most of the the liquid is absorbed, about 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, maple syrup, and salt & pepper to taste.
Stir in toasted sliced almonds and pomegranate arils. Toss with the vinaigrette. Taste and add salt and pepper, if desired.
Serve warm, at room temperature, or cold.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Italian Ice 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- ONION SLOPPY JOE'S 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Easy Apple Cobbler 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
- Baked Macaroni 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Penne with tofu, porcini mushroom... 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Basic Couscous 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Jicama Pear Pomegranate Salad 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Sea Bass with... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)