This Basic Couscous recipe is simple to make.
Rate this recipe 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups couscous
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- Ground black pepper
Heat butter in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. When foaming subsides, add couscous and cook, stirring frequently, until grains are just beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
Add water, broth, and salt; stir briefly to combine, cover, and remove pan from heat. Let stand until grains are tender, about 7 minutes. Uncover and fluff grains with fork.
Season with pepper to taste and serve.
You'll also love
- Beef brisket with Peach Glaze 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Beef King Ranch Casserole 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Rustic Italian Tortellini Soup... 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Pasta with Lemon Cream Sauce,... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Vegan Macaroni Salad 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Moroccan Chickpea & Couscous Salad 4/5 (55 Votes)
Review this recipe