Strawberry Italian Ice
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded orange peel
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely shredded lime peel
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 390mins
Adapted from bhg.com
1. In a medium saucepan combine sugar, water, and peels. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Cool slightly. Strain and discard peels. Stir in orange, lemon, and lime juices.
2. In a blender container or food processor bowl combine half of the juice mixture and half of the strawberries. Cover and blend or process with several on/off turns or until nearly smooth (leave some small chunks of strawberries). Transfer to a 2-quart freezer container. Repeat with remaining juice mixture and strawberries. Cover and freeze 6 hours or overnight, stirring once after freezing for 3 hours.
3. To serve, scrape across frozen mixture with a large spoon and place into individual serving dishes (if mixture is too firm, let stand at room temperature 20 to 30 minutes). Makes 8 servings.
nutrition facts (Strawberry Italian Ice)
Servings Per Recipe 8, Calories 123, Protein (gm) 1, Carbohydrate (gm) 31, Dietary Fiber, total (gm) 2, Sugar, total (gm) 29, Vitamin A (IU) 49, Vitamin C (mg) 51, Thiamin (mg) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Niacin (mg) 0, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Folate (µg) 16, Sodium (mg) 2, Potassium (mg) 155, Calcium (DV %) 20, Iron (DV %) 0, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet