Pomegranate Cheesecake with Clementine Gelato
A vegan pomegranate cheesecake made from cashews, agave syrup, and coconut oil, flavored with vanilla, lemon and beet juices, with clementine gelato.
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups cashews, soaked for 1 to 2 hours
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup agave
- 1 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup beetroot juice (optional, just for color)
- CLEMENTINE GELATO:
- 2 cups cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut butter or oil
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups almond milk*
- 1 cup clementine juice
- 2 teaspoons clementine zest
- Pinch salt
- Almond milk can be made by blending 1 cup of almonds with 3 cups of water, and straining through a nut milk bag or sieve.
First process cashews until they become fine as flour. Add remaining ingredients and process again. Press into the bottom of a 9″ springform pan and place in fridge whilst working on filling.
Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender under smooth. Pour on top of the base. Place in the freezer to set. Once it’s set, the cheesecake can be moved to, and stored in, the fridge until ready to eat
Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth. Taste for sweetness—you may need to add extra agave if your clementines weren’t that sweet.
Pour mixture into a rectangular container and place in the freezer to set. Once set, pass through a juicer with a homogenizing attachment on. Alternatively, you can pour the mixture (unfrozen) into an ice-cream maker.