Tex Mex Chili Gravy
This Tex-Mex gravy is so easy to make at home, that there is no need to buy canned enchiladas sauce again. Seriously, it takes less than 30 minutes to make this. Use it for making enchiladas, on tamales, on scrambled eggs... it's so delicious. Make double, freeze it—it's addicting, if you love Mexican food as much as I do!
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (I used organic canola)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons powdered garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
Stir in flour and continue stirring for 3 to 4 minutes, or until it makes a light brown roux.
Add remaining dry ingredients and continue to cook for 1 minute, constantly stirring and blending ingredients.
Add chicken broth, mixing and stirring until the sauce thickens.
Turn heat to low and let sauce simmer for 15 minutes. May add water, or chicken broth, to adjust thickness, if necessary.
You'll also love
- Cheesy Creamed Spinach Casserole 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
- Great Grandma’s Pasta Sauce 4.4/5 (53 Votes)
- Roasted Mushrooms in a Browned... 4.4/5 (50 Votes)
- Szechuan Beef with Broccoli 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Ina Garten's Italian Wedding Soup 3.7/5 (180 Votes)
- Nova Scotia Green Tomato Chow 3.5/5 (643 Votes)
- 7 Day Diet Fat Burning Cabbage... 4.3/5 (69 Votes)
- Spicy Mango Chicken Stir Fry 5/5 (1 Votes)