Cranberry Sauce With Port And Dried Figs
- 1 2/3 cups ruby Port
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup golden brown sugar - (packed)
- 8 dried black Mission figs stemmed, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary - (6" long)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 bag fresh cranberries - (12 oz)
- 3/4 cup sugar
Combine first 6 ingredients in medium saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes. Discard rosemary.
Mix in cranberries and 3/4 cup sugar. Cook over medium heat until liquid is slightly reduced and berries burst, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes. Cool.
Transfer sauce to bowl; chill until cold. (Cranberry sauce can be prepared 1 week ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.)
This recipe yields about 3 1/2 cups.