- 5 Gala or Golden Delicious apples peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2" pieces - (abt 2 lbs)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup cherry preserves
Combine apple pieces and unsweetened apple juice in heavy large saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until apples are very tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
Remove from heat. Mix in cherry preserves. Using potato masher or fork, mash mixture to chunky puree. (Sauce can be prepared up to 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Serve hot or cold.
This recipe yields about 2 cups.
You'll also love
- Cherry Tea Cakes 4.5/5 (132 Votes)
- Cherry Cheesecake Pizza 4.5/5 (67 Votes)
- New England Seafood Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apricot Bread Pudding With Caramel... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dried Cranberry Compote 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Delicata Squash With Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)