Strawberry Macadamia Nut and Spinach Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
The combination of macadamia nuts, strawberries, spinach and honey makes an unusual but splendid early summer salad. Try as a first course with a brie quesadilla cut in quarters.
- 8 cups (2 L) baby spinach
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 4 cups (1 L) strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chervil or Italian parsley sprigs
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) macadamia nuts
- 2 tsp (10 mL) runny honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grainy mustard
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Place spinach in a large salad bowl.
2. Lightly salt the diced cucumber. Leave to drain in a colander for 30 minutes so the juices will drip out. Pat dry with paper towels.
3. Toss the cucumber with the strawberries. Add to spinach, and toss with chervil and macadamia nuts.
4. Whisk together honey, mustard and vinegar. Whisk in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss with salad.
You'll also love
- Holiday Tapa Chile de Arbol... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Apple Blossom Cake 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Goat Cheese Stuffed New Potatoes 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Butternut Squash and Sage Soup 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Roasted Salmon with Cranberry... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Green Papaya Spring Rolls 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Knott’s Berry Farm Biscuits 4.2/5 (54 Votes)
- Pasta w/Onion, Spinach, Radicchio... 5/5 (1 Votes)