Holiday Tapa Chile de Arbol (Marinated Shrimp with Lemon Feta Vinaigrette
- HOLIDAY TAPA CHILE DE ARBOL
- 16 Shrimp (16/20 size), peeled and marinated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chile de arbol paste (see recipe below)
- 1 whole jicama, cut into sticks, 1/2 inch by 3 inches long
- 1 ounce crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup lemon feta vinaigrette (see recipe below)
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, removed from stem
- LEMON FETA VINAIGRETTE
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup champagne wine vinegar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 ounce water
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- CHILE DE ARBOL PASTE
- 10 chiles de arbol, seeded and soaked overnight
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds, ground
- 2 1/2 teaspoons coriander seeds, ground
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
HOLIDAY TAPA CHILE DE ARBOL
1. Toss shrimp with oil and chile paste and let marinate for 30 minutes.
2. In a mixing bowl, toss jicama sticks with crumbled feta and 3 ounces feta vinaigrette and chives. Mix carefully, so as not to break jicama sticks.
3. Season shrimp and salt and pepper and grill until done. 1-2 minutes.
4. To assemble: On an oval plate, smear a line of feta vinaigrette down the middle of the place. On the left side of the plate, pile four sticks of jicama nicely. Onthe other side, pile the shrimp as high as possible. Garnish with radishes and cilantro leaves.
LEMON FETA VINAIGRETTE
1. In a blender, add lemon juice, vinegar, egg yolk and water. Turn blender on low speed and slowly add oil. When half done, stop and add feta. Turn blender back on and add the rest of the oil. Be careful not to break. You may need to add more water while emulsifying.
CHILE DE ARBOL PASTE
1. Ensure chilies are well drained.
2. Place all ingredients into a food processor. (You may work in batches if food processor is not large enough.) Puree until fairly smooth. Keep refrigerated until needed. Will last up to three months.
You'll also love
- Apple Blossom Cake 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Duck Breast with Pineapple Cherry... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Beer Battered Catfish 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Roasted Salmon with Cranberry... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Green Papaya Spring Rolls 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Triple-Layer Lemon Meringue Pie 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Caramelized Scallops 4/5 (95 Votes)
- Squid Ink Giant Raviolo 5/5 (1 Votes)