Eggnog Cranberry Pie Recipe
Here's an elegant pie that says “holiday” in every bite. The tart cranberries contrast nicely with the rich gelatin-thickened eggnog filling.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons cold water, divided
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 (9 inch) pastry shell, baked
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 3/4 cups eggnog
- 2 tablespoons rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water until smooth.
Stir in cranberries. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
Cool for 15 minutes. Pour into baked pastry shell; set aside.
In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over remaining 4 tablespoons water> Let stand for 5 minutes.
Cook and stir over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved.
Gradually stir in eggnog and rum.
Refrigerate for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
Fold in whipped cream.
Pour over cranberry layer. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Sprinkle with nutmeg.