Endive, Beet And Roquefort Salad
- 5 beets tops, and roots trimmed
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 6 Belgian endive heads cut crosswise
- into 1" pieces
- 6 ounces Roquefort cheese crumbled
- Chopped fresh chives for garnish
Preheat over to 350 degrees. Wrap beets in foil. Bake until tender, about 1 hour. Cool slightly. Peel beets. Halve lengthwise, then slice. Transfer to medium bowl and set aside.
Combine lemon juice, mustard and celery seeds in bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add half of dressing to beets and mix to coat. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover beets and chill. Cover remaining dressing and let stand at room temperature.)
Place endive in another medium bowl. Add remaining dressing and toss to coat. Mound endive in center of large platter. Surround with beets. Sprinkle Roquefort and chives over and serve.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
You'll also love
- St. Patrick's Day Spinach Pancakes... 4.5/5 (120 Votes)
- Braised Escarole & Cannellini Beans 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Escarole Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- New England Seafood Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-Fried Water Spinach With... 0/5 (0 Votes)