Mini meatballs in this tasty soup make it a hearty meal. Serve with some hot crusty bread - with butter, of course!
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 large bunch fresh escarole
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- salt to taste
- MINI MEATBALLS
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
Stew chicken in boiling water for about 30 minutes. Remove cooked chicken and let it cool enough to handle.
Strain the liquid.
Remove meat from bones and return meat to stock.
Add carrots, celery, onion. Cook for 45 minutes until vegetables are tender.
Add escarole and parsley. Cook for 15 minutes longer. Bring the soup to a boil.
Whisk eggs with cheese, then slowly pour over boiling soup and stir continuously so that egg cooks. Salt to taste.
Combine ground beef, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese and form into 1" meatballs. Add the meatballs to the soup and cook for at least 10 minutes.
Serve with additional grated parmesan cheese.
You'll also love
- Mushroom, Asparagus, Gruyere & Egg... 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Irish Soda Bread with Raisins and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Garlicky Black-Pepper Shrimp &... 3.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Best Ever Strawberry Spinach Salad 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Spinach Artichoke Bites 4/5 (117 Votes)
- Creamy Garlic, Cannellini Bean &... 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
Review this recipe