Jumbo Shrimp Grand Mariner
Makes a delicious sauce to add to your jumbo shrimp, a must try!
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp
- 1 cup vegetable oil for pan frying the shrimp
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup corn starch for dredging the shrimp
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch for the sauce
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Peel and devein the shrimp. Pat dry with a paper towel. Dredge the shrimp in corn starch and set aside.
Add the evaporated milk, honey, Grand Marnier, cayenne pepper, white pepper and nutmeg to a sauce pan over medium high heat until it comes to a slight boil. Mix the cornstarch for the sauce with a few tablespoons of cold water to dissolve.
Add the cornstarch slurry to the sauce and stir until it thickens to the consistency of pancake batter. Taste the sauce and adjust the ingredients to taste ...start with a little more Grand Marnier. When you're satisfied with the sauce, keep warm over very low heat stirring occasionally to prevent skimming.
Add the vegetable oil (peanut, olive, or canola) to a deep frying pan or wok to a depth of about 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Heat to a shimmer. Carefully place the shrimp in the oil. Fry for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Do not overcook the shrimp. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Arrange the shrimp on a serving platter in a pile, see photo. With a large serving spoon, drizzle the sauce over the shrimp to taste. Garnish with finely chopped parsley or other green herb. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Chicken Cordon Bleu with Alfredo 4.4/5 (48 Votes)
- APPLE CIDER PINEAPPLE MOLASSES... 4.4/5 (48 Votes)
- No-Knead Sweet Potato Dinner Rolls 4.3/5 (55 Votes)
- Dessert Heaven (Cookie Dough,... 3.8/5 (244 Votes)
- Tiramisu 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Mains - Rice Crusted Quiche 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sweet & Crunchy Tuna Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Campfire Trout (Dinner Cooked in... 4/5 (2 Votes)