Shrimp & Crabmeat Etouffee
If you like Cajun food, you'll love this Shrimp and Crabmeat Etouffee recipe. This awesome dish is not to spicy as written, you may want to adjust the seasonings some to kick it up a notch.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 pounds lump crabmeat
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or 1 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 3 cups cooked Basmati or brown rice
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from tiny.cc
In a large stockpot over medium heat, sauté onions and celery in olive oil until softened, around 10 minutes, mix in the garlic.
In a separate bowl, combine the chicken broth and flour and stir until smooth. Add to the onion and celery mixture in the stockpot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened, around 30 minutes.
Add lemon juice, cayenne, Tabasco sauce and shrimp and cook about 5 minutes.
Add crabmeat, green onions and parsley and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Serve over rice and enjoy!
Scoop your rice into a flat-bottom cup, press down to mold, then put it on the plate. Makes a nice fancy presentation!
You'll also love
- Ina Garten's Coconut Cake 3.9/5 (106 Votes)
- Glazed Pork Tenderloin, Squash,... 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Amish Broccoli Salad 4.4/5 (71 Votes)
- Triple Chocolate Sheet Cake 4.5/5 (55 Votes)
- Cap'n Crunch Chicken Strips 4.3/5 (66 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole 4.5/5 (58 Votes)
- Scallops 'n Pasta 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- The Fish Bowl 4.6/5 (51 Votes)