Peaches n' Cream Pie
Cooked fresh peach topping atop a no-bake cheesecake layer. Recipe makes (2) 9-inch pies.
- 7 medium large ripe fresh peaches, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar-free Peach Jell-O gelatin powder
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 12 ozs. Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 regular size graham cracker pie crusts (or 2 baked and cooled pastry pie crusts)
Wash, dry, and peel the peaches. Puree 2 of them in a blender then transfer to a 2 qt. saucepan along with 1 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Slice four peaches into a mixing bowl; set aside. (The remaining peach is used for garnish.) Whisk together the cornstarch and water; set aside.
Bring the puree mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking constantly, and cook for about 3 minutes. Pouring in a thin stream, whisk the cornstarch mixture into the boiling puree; whisk and cook for another few minutes to thicken. Remove from heat and whisk in the Jell-O powder. Fold in the previously sliced peaches. Set aside to cool completely.
In a mixing bowl and using a mixer, beat together the cream cheese and 1/3 cup sugar until smooth. Using a spatula, gently fold in 8 ozs. of the Cool Whip. (The remainder is used to garnish tops of pies.) Spoon half of the mixture into each pie crust. If the peach filling is not completely cool, refrigerate the pies until it is. (To speed cooling, sometimes I fill the sink with 2-3 inches of cool water and set the pot in it, stirring the mixture occasionally.)
Top each cream cheese pie with half the peach topping then garnish with remaining Cool Whip and peeled, thinly sliced peach. Store pies in the refrigerator.
You'll also love
- SloCooker Beef and Broccoli PRINT 4.5/5 (58 Votes)
- Creamy Broccoli-Bacon Bake 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Apple Cider Margarita 4.5/5 (58 Votes)
- Roasted Bananas w/ Toasted Coconut 4.5/5 (61 Votes)
- Old Time Oven Peach Cobbler 4.1/5 (123 Votes)
Review this recipe