Date Rice Krispies Bars
A much healthier alternative to original Rice Krispie treats. They're very easy to switch up, try adding chopped nuts and or raisins to the mix!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8-ounces dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut, shredded
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
- Additional shredded coconut
- Powdered sugar
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Combine butter, dates and brown sugar in sauce pan. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Remove and add vanilla, nuts, coconut and rice cereal. Stir till well blended.
Press down hard into a buttered 9x9-inch pan. Sprinkle with additional coconut and powdered sugar.
When cool, cut in strips or squares.
You'll also love
- IHOP Strawberry Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rhubarb Cream Cheese Brownies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Berry Crisp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Honey Coconut Sticky Buns 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple Coconut Bars 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blueberry Lemon Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheese-Stuffed Dates with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Teff Flour Pancakes with date syrup 0/5 (0 Votes)