Chocolate, Caramel Peanut-Butter Rice Krispies Treats
Chocolate + Caramel + Peanut butter + Rice Krispies = A deliciously SWEET TREAT!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounce bag marshmallows or mini-marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 7 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 14 ounce bag unwrapped caramels
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter, divided use
- 12-ounce bag semisweet or dark chocolate
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Butter a 9- bX 13-inch pan and butter the pot and utensils you will be using to melt the marshmallows.
Add 3 tablespoons of butter and the marshmallows in a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until melted. When completely melted and smooth, stir in the vanilla. Turn off heat and stir in cereal until completely coated; the mixture will be sticky.
Pour into buttered pan. Coat your hands with butter and press mixture into the pan firmly. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
In another saucepan, place caramels and water over low heat, stirring often as caramels melt until smooth. Add 1 cup of the peanut butter to the caramel and stir until completely mixed. Pour onto the chilled Rice Krispies mixture and spread to the edges. Place pan back in the refrigerator.
Over low heat, melt the chocolate in a saucepan, stirring frequently and being careful not to scorch the chocolate. When melted, add in the remaining 1/2 cup of peanut butter, stirring until smooth. Pour chocolate mixture over caramel layer, spreading to the edges in an even layer. Place dessert in the refrigerator and allow to set up for approximately 1 hour or until chocolate is firm to the touch. Cut into squares or rectangles once it is firm.
Bars are easiest to cut when cold but are best eaten at room temperature or only slightly chilled.
You'll also love
- Entenmann’s Cheese Filled Crumb... 3.9/5 (330 Votes)
- Amish Noodles 3.9/5 (321 Votes)
- Better Than Sex Pumpkin Dessert 4.5/5 (181 Votes)
- Italian Peach Cookies 4.1/5 (264 Votes)
- Blueberry Cheesecake Cookies 4/5 (277 Votes)
- Grasshopper Cheesecake Bars 4.5/5 (146 Votes)
- Butterfinger Cookie Dough... 4.5/5 (117 Votes)