Penne Pasta with Sun Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
Sun dried tomatoes give a lovely color to a traditional cheese sauce for pasta, and excellent flavor. This is great as a side dish, or add some cooked chicken or shrimp to the sauce, or on top.
- 1 (8-ounce) package penne pasta
- 1/2 cup oil packed sun dried tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup whipping cream, not sweetened
- 2 cups four cheeses blend, shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from daydreamkitchen.com
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Once boiled, add pasta and cook until ready. Drain pasta, replace in the pot.
Meanwhile make the sauce, in a skillet over a medium a heat, mix sun dried tomatoes, cream, shredded cheese, basil, garlic powder and black pepper. Bring to a boil while stirring. Once the sauce has boiled, remove immediately from heat.
Pour the sauce to the pot with the pasta . Mix gently and serve.
You'll also love
- Pioneer Woman's Garlic Cheese Bread 4.5/5 (355 Votes)
- The Very Best Glazed Meatloaf 4.4/5 (346 Votes)
- Bacon Cheddar Potato Cakes 4.5/5 (273 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.4/5 (276 Votes)
- Crockpot Ravioli Casserole 4.4/5 (263 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (196 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Slow Cooker Chicken 4.5/5 (180 Votes)
- Eggplant Tomato Pie 4.2/5 (290 Votes)